BLACK FOREST PUDDING CAKE
I'm not sure who convinced women that chocolate is sexy, but I, on behalf of all men, thank him. Now if you want to convince the male partner that food is sexy, just set it on fire. And if you want to gain the gratitude of all seniors, make it only take a few minutes. However this approach is tailor made for the younger set. If microwaves had been around when I was in college, I would have included it on all first dates.
We have already declared our love for the pairing of chocolate and cherries. This recipe reiterates that theme in an elegant, easy way.
BLACK FOREST STEAMED PUDDING
- 1/4 cup brandied cherries
- One large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Half n Half
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsps melted butter
- 1/4 cuo flour
- 3 tbsps Hershey's Dark Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tbsps cognac
- Rinse a 16 ounce microwaveable coffee mug. Spoon in brandied cherries.
- Beat egg, Half n Half, melted butter, sugar, and salt until pale yellow.
- Add flour and cocoa and beat until well blended. Fold in dried cherries.
- Pour batter over brandied cherries.
- Microwave on high for four minutes.
- Unmold onto heat proof serving plate.
- To present, heat cognac in long stemmed ladle over an open flame and ignite. Pour flaming cognac over pudding and wait until flames die to serve.